|Please help us pass legislation to help terminally ill patients control their own destiny.
*This papypal donation button is only for Death With Dignity.
||Death with Dignity The quick facts.
- Must Be 18 and a South Dakota Resident.
- Two physicians must diagnose patient with a terminal condition and diagnosis will cause end of life within 6 months.
- Attending physician must deem the patient mentally competent.
- Attending physician must give the patient all of their end of life options, ie hospice, comfort care.
- Must be self administered. No assistance allowed.
- Patient must make two oral requests. (one after the 15 day period has passed).
- Patient must put it in writing, and wait 15 days.
- Doctors do not have to participate in the program.
- Doctors/pharmacist can not be prosecuted.
- Patient can rescind at ANY time.
- Does not authorize mercy killing or active euthanasia.
- Punishes anyone who uses coercion on a patient to use the Act. (Class A Felony).